Rental Terms and Conditions
Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions
I have read and understand the cancellation policy and early returns below:
· If reservation is less than 30 days away and is cancelled, the reservation deposit is forfeited.
· If cancelling 30 days or more from reservation date, a $15.00 processing fee is not refunded.
· Upon booking, renter has 48 hours to cancel in order to receive a full refund of reservation deposit.
Regarding early returns and/or unused miles:
· There will be no refunds if Rental Unit is returned earlier than the anticipated return date.
· There will be no refund for unused miles when driving a motorized RV
Conditions for release of Rental Unit
I understand the following conditions are mandatory for the RV to be released to me:
1. Authorized Driver(s) and Renter must be at least 25 years of age, and a copy of valid driver’s license (front and back sides) belonging to Authorized Driver(s) and Renter must be presented to Owner.
2. Rental fees and any other dollar amounts due and owing must be paid.
o If payment enacting the release of Rental Unit is made by check or credit card, payment must be received by Owner at least ten (10) days prior to scheduled release of Rental Unit to allow time for processing. Otherwise payment must be made with cash.
3. A copy of Renter’s credit card (front and back) must be provided to Owner. Credit card must be current with expiration date being no less than one (1) month after rental date.
4. If applicable, the license plate # of Towing Vehicle must be presented to Owner.
5. The location(s) of RV destination(s), (names and addresses) must be presented to the Owner.
6. Insurance requirements and other requirements if towing or driving the RV:
o If Renter is towing, Towing Vehicle must be in compliance (see following section “Requirements for Towing Vehicle”) AND
1) The Insurance Form must be presented to Owner. (We give you a form for your insurance agent to sign as proof that your insurance policy extends the liability coverage for a non-owned, rented RV while connected to your vehicle.), or
2) Owner may require an Insurance Binder instead of liability coverage only. http://www.camptasticrentals.com/faqs/
o If Renter is driving a motorized Rental Unit, Renter must:
1) provide Owner with an insurance binder indicating that you have auto liability, collision, and comprehensive insurance covering you, Owner, and the Rental Unit, or
2) purchase MBA Choice Insurance if this option is available. http://www.camptasticrentals.com/faqs/
Requirements for Towing Vehicle
I understand that I must comply with these requirements before I can tow RV, and if I come for RV and am NOT in compliance, the RV will not be released to me and my deposit will NOT be refunded.
· The towing capacity of my Towing Vehicle must be adequate for the RV.
· If RV is over 3000 pounds, an electronic brake controller must be installed on my Towing Vehicle.
· Trailer light wiring must be in working order on my Towing Vehicle.
· Only the vehicle identified to Owner as the Towing Vehicle can be used to tow the Rental Unit unless previously approved by and validated in writing by Owner.
Safety and Other Requirements When Driving a Motorized RV
· The number of people in the Rental Unit will not exceed the number of seat belts available, and all passengers must be buckled when RV is in motion.
· If children are passengers, Renter must provide child safety seats as required by law.
· Never occupy bed, overhead bunks, sofa, dinette, or chairs that are NOT equipped with seat belts or factory restrain systems while Rental Unit is in motion.
· Do not use showers and tubs while Rental Unit is in motion.
· Secure any loose object prior to movement of Rental Unit.
· Lock all doors while vehicle is in motion.
· Always be on the lookout when backing Rental Unit, even if equipped with rear monitor.
· Be aware of total height of Rental Unit, including roof mounted accessories, and verify clearance of any low object before attempting to pass underneath.
· Be careful or discontinue travel during high wind conditions.
· Avoid contact with exhaust ports for furnace and water heater, which are extremely hot when in use and can cause burn or injury.
· Shut off furnace, water heater, refrigerator, stove, and generator as well as any other open flame object while refueling gasoline, diesel, or propane.
· Check engine oil, fluids, and coolant levels at each refueling.
· Refill the Fuel: Owner gives you the Rental Unit full of fuel; bring it back the same way to avoid charges.
Requirements Regarding Pet(s)
I understand that the Owner must allow pet(s) in order for me to bring pet(s) into the Rental Unit. I must pay the additional security deposit required by Owner if I bring pet(s) into the unit and I must disclose to the Owner any pet(s) that I intend to bring into the Rental Unit before the Rental Unit is released to me. Strays, pets of neighboring campers and pets of fellow campers are not allowed in the Rental Unit.
I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE WITH THESE REQUIREMENTS REGARDING CARE OF RENTAL UNIT AND USE OF AMENITIES IN RENTAL UNIT:
· No smoking in Rental Unit
· No riding in travel trailer while it is being towed
· Do not transport large items (such as bikes, generators or canoes) in the RV.
· If Rental Unit has toilet: Only human waste and RV toilet paper can be put in Rental Unit’s toilet in order to prevent damage to septic system. When flushing, use an adequate amount of water to carry the waste to the holding tank in order to prevent clogs.
· If Rental Unit has air conditioner: The roof air conditioner(s) in the Rental Unit may not cool the Rental Unit in hot weather. This is normal to the operation of these units. The following circumstances may cause this condition: 1) hot weather, 2) inadequate power to the units, 3) turning the unit on after it is already hot in the Rental Unit. Normal operation of the air conditioner(s) allows for only approximately 10 to 15 degrees cooling below outside temperatures on hot days. Do not set the thermostat below 75 F because unrepairable damage will result. Damage to an air conditioner is not covered by insurance, and if damage occurs to air conditioner(s), renter is fully responsible to replace the unit.
· If Rental Unit has a refrigerator: Refrigerator may or may not stay cold while operating normally and properly, due to the following reasons 1) hot weather: 2) Rental Unit being out of level, 3) frequent opening of its door, 4) overfilling the compartments, 5) food or other items blocking the vents, 6) filling the compartments before it has had the time to cool down. Pack the compartments properly. Renter agrees to relieve Owner of all responsibilities or costs in its operation or use.
· If Rental Unit has a TV or Satellite Reception: There is no guarantee that the TV or satellite system will receive or process a signal at any time during the rental period. External conditions effect this reception, and RV Owner is not liable if TV doesn’t work.
· If Rental Unit has Awning(s): Awning(s) should be retracted when not supervised as wind can easily destroy an awning. If awning becomes damaged, Renter is fully responsible for the full cost of replacement or repair of awning.
· Carpets and Floors: Renter is fully responsible for any and all damage that occurs to the carpeting or flooring in the Rental Unit. Renter agrees to pay for all cleaning and/or damages that may occur for any reason.
· Set Up and Take Down: Instructions for setting up and taking down are provided by Owner. Renter agrees to follow the precautions and procedures given or explained by the Owner. Renter agrees to pay for all damage that occurs if precautions and procedures are not followed.
The amount of security deposit refund is contingent upon the condition RV is in upon Owner’s inspection after its return and absence of conditions precipitating charges. I understand and agree with the following terms and conditions for security deposit refund:
Security deposit could be forfeited in part, in whole, or additional charges could be incurred. Requirements in order to receive a full refund of your security deposit are:
· The cleaning tasks on the cleaning checklist must be completed (unless the Owner agrees to clean the Rental Unit).
· The black and gray tanks must be empty and rinsed (unless the Owner agrees to clean the tank).
· The Rental Unit, equipment and supplies must not sustain damages and be returned in same condition as it was when released.
· No other conditions precipitating extra charges have occurred as described in Rental Terms and Conditions.
The full or partial refund of your security deposit may require up to 14 days to process. Yes/No
Credit Card and/or Debit Card Authorization
If conditions precipitate charges, Renter agrees to assume below mentioned charges, charges mentioned elsewhere in Agreement, and any other unforeseen charges deemed reasonable to both parties. Renter agrees to and authorizes the use of Renter’s debit or credit card for payment of charges that are over and above the security deposit amount.
Conditions that precipitate charges over and above rental fee:
Fees and charges that Renter could incur over and above rental fee include but are not limited to:
Considerations for Packing and Trip Planning
Supplies are included in the RV at no extra charge which could be but are not limited to kitchen utensils, bedding, towels, lawn chairs, and many miscellaneous items. Some supplies may not be included such as pool and lake supplies, coolers, etc. (Actual list of supplies is provided by Owner after booking.) Items not included with the RV are food, clothes, personal toiletries, disposable items (garbage bags, paper towels, paper plates, plastic silverware, etc.), and items such as laundry soap, dish soap, hand soap, lighter fluid, bug spray, sun screen etc.
“Rental Agreement” or “Agreement” means all terms and conditions found herein, the emails sent to you, any addenda and any additional materials that we provide and that you sign or otherwise agree to during the time preceding rental, at the time of rental, and during rental.
“I” “You” “Your” or “Renter” means the person identified as the renter or lessee in this Agreement, any person signing this Agreement, any Authorized Driver and any person or organization to whom charges are billed by us at its or the renter's direction. All persons referred to as “I” “You” “Your” “Renter” are jointly and severally bound by this Agreement.
“We” “Our” “Us” “Owner” or “RV Owner” means the lessor or rental company named in this Agreement.
“Authorized Driver” means the renter and each driver permitted to drive the Motorized RV or the towing vehicle with the Non-motorized RV in tow.
“RV” “Rental Unit” “Rental Unit and/or Equipment” “Rental Unit and Equipment” “Camper” “Trailer” “Travel Trailer” “Non-motorized RV” or “Motorized RV” means the motorized recreational vehicle or the non-motorized recreational vehicle rented by you, which includes its supplies, equipment, keys, awning, documents, and each Rental Unit we substitute for it.
“Loss of Use” means the loss of our ability to use the Rental Unit for our purposes due to Rental Unit damage or loss during this rental, including, without limitation, use for rent, display for rent and sale, opportunity to upgrade or sell, or transportation of employees. “Loss of Use” also means the loss of our ability to use the Rental Unit for our purposes due to Rental Unit not being returned at time specified in Agreement or time agreed upon between us and Renter.
“Diminished Value” means the difference between the fair market value of the Rental Unit before damage and its value after repairs as calculated by a third‐party estimate obtained by us or on our behalf.
“Charges” “Costs” or “Fees” means the fees and charges that are incurred under this Agreement.
“Rental Period” means the period of time starting when Rental Unit is released to you and ending when the Rental Unit is either returned to us or recovered by us and checked in by us.
RENTAL, INDEMNITY AND WARRANTIES
This Agreement in no way constitutes or implies transfer of ownership or title of any property. You shall not permit any lien to be placed on the Rental Unit and/or Equipment. This Agreement is binding and shall insure the benefit of the parties to this Agreement and their respective successors, but it may not be assigned by any party without the consent of others. We may repossess the Rental Unit, equipment, or supplies at your expense without notice to you if the Rental Unit is abandoned or used in violation of law or this Agreement with or without due process of law. You agree to indemnify us, defend us and hold us harmless from all claims, liability, costs and attorneys’ fees we incur resulting from, or arising out of, this rental or your use of the Rental Unit or our repossession of it. You will be liable for all damages suffered by us as a result of any breach of this Agreement. We make no warranties, express, implied or apparent, regarding the Rental Unit and/or Equipment, no warranty of merchantability and no warranty that the Rental Unit and/or Equipment is fit for a particular purpose.
YOUR REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
You represent and warrant that: the towing Rental Unit that you use during the Rental Period has the capacity to tow the Rental Unit; any load will be properly loaded and placed for safe operation of the Rental Unit; and you will ensure that when towing the Rental Unit, it is properly secured and connected to the towing vehicle and will use safety chains, cables, locking devices and other similar devices meeting the requirements of applicable law.
LOCATION OF RETURN AND TIME OF RETURN OF RENTAL UNIT
You must return the Rental Unit to the location specified by Owner on the date and time specified in this Agreement or otherwise agreed upon between you and the Owner. If you wish to extend the Rental Period, you must contact Owner in order to get approval from Owner and make new arrangements. Owner reserves the right to hold you responsible for any damages that may or may not have occurred until Owner inspects the Rental Unit.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE OR LOSS; REPORTING TO POLICE
Before taking possession of Rental Unit and/or Equipment, you will carefully examine the Rental Unit, Equipment, and tires and make note of conditions and any existing damages. You agree to return Rental Unit and Equipment in the same condition as when rented. This pertains to the cleanliness of the Rental Unit and/or Equipment as well as other conditions. Rental Unit and Equipment must be returned in the same clean condition inside and out or a cleaning charge will be assessed. This provision excludes items in Rental Unit requiring laundry after use which are otherwise in same good condition. You are responsible for all damage to, loss of, and/ or theft of the Rental Unit and/or Equipment, including damage caused by weather, acts of god or terrain conditions. Your responsibility will include:
(a) all physical damage to the Rental Unit measured as follows:
(i) if we determine that the Rental Unit is a total loss, the actual cash value of the Rental Unit, less salvage;
(ii) if we determine that the Rental Unit is repairable:
(A) the difference between the value of the Rental Unit immediately before the damage and the value immediately after the damage; or
(B) the reasonable estimated retail value or actual cost of repair plus Diminished Value;
(b) Loss of Use, which is measured by multiplying your daily rental rate by either the actual or estimated number of days from the date the Rental Unit is damaged until it is replaced or repaired, which you agree represents a reasonable estimate of Loss of Use damages and not a penalty;
(c) an administrative fee, calculated based on the damage repair estimate as follows, which you agree is reasonable: $0‐$250 damage=$50 fee; $251‐$500 damage=$75 fee; $501‐$750 damage=$100 fee; $751‐$1500 damage=$150 fee; $1501‐$2500 damage=$200 fee; over $2500 damage=$250 fee;
(d) towing, storage, and impound charges and other reasonable incidental and consequential damages; and
(e) all costs associated with our enforcement of this Agreement or collection of Charges, including attorneys’ fees, collection fees, and costs whether or not litigation is commenced.
You must report all damage to us. You agree to contact us by telephone if any repairs to said Rental Unit and/or Equipment in excess of $25.00 are required, to obtain authorization for repairs at an authorized agency, and to keep record and receipt(s) of the same. Any such authorization given shall not constitute a waiver of our right to charge you for such repairs if it is our opinion such repairs were due to negligence, misuse or carelessness.
You must report all accidents and/or incidents of theft and vandalism to us and the police as soon as you discover them and provide us with a legible copy of any police reports, service of process, pleading, or notice of any kind related to an accident or other incident involving the Rental Unit.
You are responsible to compensate us fully for any damages that occur through prohibited uses. The following acts or uses of the Rental Unit are prohibited:
(a) Towing a non-motorized Rental Unit or driving a motorized Rental Unit:
(i) by anyone who is not an Authorized Driver of 25 years of age or older, or by anyone whose driver’s license is suspended in any jurisdiction;
(ii) by anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
(iii) by anyone who obtained the Rental Unit or extended the rental period by giving us false, fraudulent or misleading information;
(iv) in furtherance of an illegal purpose or under circumstance that would constitute a violation of law other than a minor traffic citation;
(v) for commercial purposes without our written consent;
(vi) to carry dangerous or hazardous items or illegal material;
(vii) outside the United States or Canada;
(viii) when loaded beyond the manufacturer’s suggested tow rating for the Rental Unit;
(ix) when driven through or under an underpass or other structure without sufficient overhead or side clearance or when driven on unpaved roads;
(x) when it is reasonable to expect you to know that further operation would damage the Rental Unit;
(xi) in a manner that causes damage to the Rental Unit due to inadequately secured cargo;
(xii) with your towing vehicle when your vehicle has insufficient towing capacity as determined by the manufacturer of your vehicle; or
(xiii) by anyone who is sending or receiving an electronic message, including text (SMS) messages or emails, while operating the towing vehicle;
(b) Failing to properly load materials and distribute the weight of those materials to allow safe operation of the Rental Unit;
(c) Failing to properly secure the Rental Unit to the towing vehicle;
(d) Failing to summon the police to an accident involving the Rental Unit;
(e) Damaging the Rental Unit by your intentional, wanton, willful or reckless conduct;
(f) Transporting an animal (other than a service animal) in the Rental Unit without our written consent;
(g) Sitting, standing or lying on the roof or exterior of the Rental Unit;
(h) Transporting passengers in or on the Rental Unit while the Rental Unit is being towed;
(i) Placing signs or lettering on the outside of the Rental Unit;
(j) Placing loudspeakers or other sound equipment on the exterior of the Rental Unit;
(k) Failing to use the Rental Unit in compliance with all instructions and warnings provided by us;
(l) Using fuel with an octane rating higher than 87 if the Rental Unit is equipped with an outside fuel station; and
(m) Smoking in the Rental Unit.
Owner is not required to release Rental Unit to you if you do not meet the insurance requirements that the owner specifies.
If you are towing a Rental Unit you agree to provide liability insurance coverage on the Rental Unit through the insurance policy that covers your towing vehicle, or if Owner requires an Insurance Binder instead of liability coverage only, you agree to provide an Insurance Binder.
If driving a motorized Rental Unit, you agree to either Option A or Option B. If Owner does not offer Option B, then you must go with Option A.
Option A: Provide owner with an insurance binder indicating that you have auto liability, collision, and comprehensive insurance covering you, us, and the Rental Unit.
Option B: Purchase MBA Choice Insurance. You are responsible to read the MBA Choice policy language so you understand what it covers and does not cover.
Whether towing a non-motorized Rental Unit or driving a motorized Rental Unit:
· You are responsible for all deductible amounts of insurance claims made by you, us, and/or all parties to this agreement.
· Whether we own the insurance policy or you do, you are responsible for all damage and/or loss to the Rental Unit that is not covered by insurance or that is in excess of insurance limits. Coverage is void if you fail to cooperate in any loss investigation conducted by the Owner or insurance companies involved. Prohibited uses also cause coverage to become void.
· You are responsible for any windshield or window glass damage that is not covered by insurance.
· You are responsible for all damage or injury you cause to third parties.
· You are responsible for all Loss of Use or Owner’s administrative expenses incurred processing a damage claim.
CHARGES, COSTS, and credit or debit card authorization
You permit the use of your credit or debit card for payment of your deposit in order to reserve the Rental Unit. In addition, if you have not provided the Owner with cash or other means of payment, you permit the Owner to use your credit or debit card to pay all Charges incurred by you under this Agreement. You will pay Owner, or the appropriate government authorities, at or before conclusion of this rental or on demand all Charges, including but not limited to:
a. base rental rate for the Rental Period;
b. optional products and services you purchased;
c. taxes and surcharges;
d. all expenses Owner incurs in locating and recovering the Rental Unit if you fail to return it or if Owner elects to repossess the Rental Unit under the terms of this Agreement;
e. all costs, including pre‐ and post‐judgment attorney fees, Owner incurs collecting payment from you or otherwise enforcing Owner’s rights under this Agreement;
f. a reasonable fee not to exceed $500.00 to clean the Rental Unit if returned substantially less clean than when rented;
g. a surcharge if you return the Rental Unit to a location other than the location where you rented the Rental Unit or if you do not return it on the date and time due, and you may be charged the standard rates for each day (or partial day) after the due‐in date, which may be substantially higher than the rates for the initially agreed rental period if a special or promotional rate applied to the initially agreed rental period;
h. replacement cost of lost or damaged Rental Unit and/or Equipment; and
i. a dumping fee of $100 if the Rental Unit’s waste tanks have not been drained (valves open, caps off) prior to return of the Rental Unit.
All Charges are subject to our final audit. If errors are discovered after the close of this transaction, you authorize us to correct the Charges with the payment card issuer. If charges incurred exceed amount that can be charged on credit or debit card, Owner reserves the right to pursue other means for payment.
You release us, our agents and employees from all claims for loss of, and/or damage to, your personal property or that of any other person, that we received, handled or stored, or that was left or carried in or on the Rental Unit or in any service vehicle or on Owner’s property, whether or not the loss or damage was caused by our negligence or was otherwise our responsibility.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS, AND OTHER CHARGES
You are responsible for paying the charging authorities directly all parking citations, photo enforcement fees, fines for toll evasion, and other fines, fees, and penalties (each a “Violation”) assessed against you, us or the Rental Unit during the Rental Period. If we are notified by the charging authorities that we may be responsible for payment of a Violation, you will pay us or a processing firm (“Processor”) of our choosing an administrative fee of up to $50 for each such notification. You authorize us to release your rental and payment card information to a Processor for processing and billing purposes. If we or the Processor pay a Toll or Violation, you authorize us or the Processor to charge all such payments, service fees and administrative fees to the Credit or Debit card you used in connection with this rental.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO YOU IF THE RENTAL UNIT BECOMES INOPERABLE, UNAVAILABLE OR DELAYED
If Rental Unit becomes inoperable before it is released to Renter: You agree that in the event Owner is unable to make the Rental Unit and/or Equipment available to you for the terms of this Agreement all prepayment by you will be refunded and you agree that Owner shall have no liability beyond this point. Owner is not responsible for any incidental or consequential damages caused by delays beyond Owner’s control.
If Rental Unit becomes inoperable after it is released to Renter, the Owner is not liable to Renter for any inconveniences or expenses incurred by Renter due to breakdown of Rental Unit. In the event, the Rental Unit is in repair for 12 hours or more due to no fault of Renter, Owner’s responsibility to the Renter is limited to a refund of daily rate or portions thereof. Break-down(s) of radio, automatic steps, air conditioning, refrigerator, microwave and appliances, cruise control, and generator malfunction are excluded, and there will be no refund of daily rate or portions thereof. The Owner is not liable for Renter’s hardships, inconveniences and/or expenses due to unforeseen break-downs beyond the Owner’s control.
PRIVACY and PERSONAL INFORMATION
You agree that we may disclose personally identifiable information about you to applicable law enforcement agencies or to other third parties in connection with our enforcement of our rights under this Agreement and other legitimate business functions. Questions regarding privacy should be directed to the Owner of the Rental Unit rented by you. The Rental Unit may be equipped with global positioning satellite (“GPS”) technology or another telematics system and/or an event data recorder, and privacy is not guaranteed.
No term of this Agreement can be waived or modified except by a writing that Owner has signed. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Owner. All prior representations and agreements between you and Owner regarding this rental are void. A waiver by Owner of any breach of this Agreement is not a waiver of any additional breach or waiver of the performance of your obligations under this Agreement. Owner’s acceptance of payment from you or Owner’s failure, refusal or neglect to exercise any of Owner’s rights under this Agreement does not constitute a waiver of any other provision of this Agreement. You waive all recourse against Owner for any criminal reports or prosecutions that Owner takes against you that arise out of your breach of this Agreement. Unless prohibited by law, you release Owner from any liability for consequential, special or punitive damages in connection with this rental or the reservation of a Rental Unit. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions are valid and enforceable. This Agreement will be governed by the substantive law of the jurisdiction where the rental commences, without giving effect to the choice of law rules thereof, and you irrevocably and unconditionally consent and submit to the nonexclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in that jurisdiction.